Post-Doctoral Fellowship Position in Health Outcomes Mathematical Modelling
Employer: Department of Mathematics & Statistics, University of Guelph
Location: Guelph, ON Canada
Start date (tentative): March/April, 2020
A post-doctoral fellowship (PDF) in Mathematical Modelling is available in the Department of Mathematics & Statistics, in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. The PDF will be part of a research team lead by Dr. Monica G. Cojocaru (Prof. of Mathematics, Guelph) and industrial partners at Sanofi Pasteur Canada.
This PDF position involves coding and analyzing an agent-based model of an infectious disease in a child care center, such as the one on Guelph Campus. The PDF will work closely with the Principal Investigator (Cojocaru) and industrial members of the team at Canada Sanofi to identify important parameters and architecture for the model. This position is for 2 years, with a possibility of teaching in the Department of Mathematics & Statistics (undergraduate mathematics or statistics). The position offers direct hands-on experience with working with an industrial partner.
- Coding and analyzing complex systems;
- Data analysis
- Writing peer-reviewed publications and reports
- Conference participation/organization and presentations delivery
- PhD in Applied Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Computer Science or related discipline, with a strong interest in infectious disease modelling and population health.
- Advanced programming expertise in both R and Python;
- Experience with data-based model parameters and data analysis in complex systems
- The sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Applications should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Monica G. Cojocaru, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Guelph). An application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a research summary/statement (max of 2 pages + references) as relates to the required expertise, a teaching statement (max 1 page + list of teaching experience) if available and the names and details of three referees. Review of applications will begin January 6, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Submitted on Fri, 22 Nov 2019 14:39:11 +0000